Sunday, January 13, 2008

Circus

So sounds to me that the USSR is the place to be. That poor American girl came to them after being run out of America because of a "mistake" she made. Now in the USSR however she is excepted and should have no fear of what she did fear in America. Realistically that movie was pretty incredible. I think with about a few more propaganda I may actually support the soviets. In all honestly though, and satire aside, i do really enjoy these movies. This era is actually really fascinating to me. Well I hope the quality of the films continue on this streak. Awesome.

2 comments:

John K said...

I liked how you pointed out the irony of her not having to be afraid now that she was in the Soviet Union when people during this time period in the USSR in reality were probably all terrified. I also agree that the propaganda in this movie was interesting; but there was a little too much in there for my taste.

Tyler Jump said...

Wasn't the propaganda in the film a little too obvious, and slightly out of place? It seemed to me like it was just thrown in at the end, but still really effective. The lullaby in multiple languages gave a really cool sense of unity and acceptance, I just wish it would have been integrated a little better throughout the entire film.