Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Man With the Movie Camera

So as the movie started I was expecting something weird, but not this strange. After the first few minutes of the film I decided to take some notes, this was pointless. I tried to keep up with the little bits of information that I was being bombarded by, but this was frivolous and after only ten minutes, I declared defeat. From what I did notice however this movie was cool. Not just regular cool, but completely interesting. Some of the shots that the director was working on getting were things that i see still today. One thing in particular stood out to me. The scenes that quickly switched from close ups on eyes to other shots reminded me of scenes from horror movies from the 1970's and 80's. Other than those small things there was kinda too much to wrap my head around. Hopefully this trend won't continues in the upcoming films, my head might just 'splode.

2 comments:

ishamorama said...

Seeing this film for the first time can most definitely be a mind-boggling experience--and you're right, it's certainly like no other film I know of.

I think it can be shown that there is great linkage between the separate images in this film. But I do agree with you that the images in themselves can be arresting and fascinating, even when one isn't quite able to understand exactly what is going on.

Bear said...

haha dude i definitely agree, this was a weird movie and way too much to comprehend in a matter of an hour. I had a huge headache after watching this thing, talk about trippy...