Thursday, January 10, 2008

We, 'gents, are going to the talkies.

So let me just open by saying holy weird character development batman. But seriously, a lot of things happened in that movie very fast. That could have easily been a modern movie. The modern equivalent however would have shown a lot more about the characters, such as back stories and more dialogs shared in private. In all though I thought it was pretty entertaining. I just can't get over how many personal stories that were only gone into at half depth. There was the love story, the commissar's, both of them, the defector with the beard, the guy who was arrested, and on top of all of that there was still things going on in the other camp that were vaguely explained to us. When you combine all of that and most abrupt ending that I've seen since the sopranos, I can only say it was ok, but as a early film, it was excellent. Bring on some more talkies.

No comments: